A dice game for two players
Preparing to Play
- Each player gets a pair of dice and chooses a special word.
- Each player begins the game with 3 points.
- One player declares themselves the Master and the first turn begins.
Playing the Game
Each turn, go through the following steps in order:
- The Master rolls their dice to generate a total.
- The other player must roll their dice, or speak their special word to make the turn immediately proceed to Step 4.
- If the other player rolls their dice and their total is lower than the Master, they lose one point and go immediately to Step 4. If the other player rolls their dice and their total is equal to or higher than the Master, they gain one point. The Master may then speak their word, lose one point, and go immediately to Step 4; if they do not, repeat this step from the beginning.
- The other player becomes the new Master and the turn ends.
Winning the Game
The game ends immediately when one player has either 0 or 10 points; in either case, the player with the most points at the end of the game is the winner.
Designer’s NoteMost players will probably play their first round ‘vanilla style’ with each player rolling two six-sided dice. Want to spice up the game and give it a bit more flavor? Try rolling 2d8 or 2d4! How about each player rolling unmatched matching pairs, like a d6 and a d10? Thrill at all the dangerous flavors of probability!